Brighton Dragon Boat Club
Brighton Dragon Boat 2024 Waiver Form
Brighton Dragon Boat Club Waiver of Liability and Release
(to be completed by ALL members and guests)
This Waiver of Liability and Release form covers my participation in the Brighton Dragon Boat Club and any activity involving dragon boat racing practices, dry-land training, general paddling and instruction sessions, and events other than paddling organized by the club.
1. In consideration of being a member or a guest of the Brighton Dragon Boat Club, I am aware that there are some inherent risks involved with dragon boat racing, including but not limited to:
· Personal injury, including drowning from falling off the boat while on water;
· Personal injury from paddling, including being injured by a paddle;
· Personal injury as a result of dangerous or hazardous weather.
2. I agree to and do hereby discharge forthwith the Brighton Dragon Boat Club and their respective directors, members, coaches, volunteers, sponsors, and their authorized representatives as well as the proprietors and employees of the Harbourview Marina and Harbourview Marina Restaurant (all of whom are referred to as Releases in this form) from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may incur as a result of my participation in any activities associated with the Brighton Dragon Boat Club, no matter how caused, including if caused by the negligence of any of the Releases.
3. I, my next-of-kin, and/or guest are duly aware of the risks and hazards inherent in the sport of dragon boating and upon entering the premises used for the purposes of parking, launching, docking and storing equipment used in the sport of dragon boating, and specifically in paddling, steering, and/or coaching. I hereby give notice that I voluntarily assume all risks of loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or to my property in our upon said premises or any other Brighton Dragon Boat Club related activity.
4. I agree to properly wear, at all times while participating in any on-water dragon boat activity, an approved personal floatation device or life preserver/life jacket.
5. I consent to the use of, publication, distribution and display of the videotape, motion picture, and/or pictures photographed at any Brighton Dragon Boat Club event and any part thereof of any photographic reproduction in which I may appear, without any restriction of any kind or nature whatsoever.
6. In signing and submitting this Waiver of Liability and Release, I acknowledge having read, understood and agreed to the above waiver, release and indemnity, and I warrant that I am physically fit to participate in said events and/or on-water practice sessions, that I am 18 years of age or older, and of sound mind, or being less than 18 years of age, have co-signed with a parent or guardian, as the case may be.